BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

To be, or not to be, "Politically Correct"

As much as I dislike Rahm"Never-Let-A-Crisis-Go-To-Waste"Emanuel, I think the Republicans trying to crucify him because he called some of them "retarded" is a joke. Bernie Goldberg hit the nail on the head. This is just another example of politically correct gone wild. I just love the way they try to tell us what words we can still use in this country. We can't say articulate light skinned negro, we can't say midget, we can't say queer or homo, we can't say terrorist, we can't say God in a public school, and now we can't say retarded. What's next, we can't speak English in front of an illegal resident because that would be disrespecting their cultural diversity? We have more important things to worry about than political correctness. The San Bernardino city trash truck below spoke volumes to me. Thank you Mr. Mayor for making me feel like a foreigner in my own country. In case you can't read it, the city's advertisement says, "Tira tu vaso en la basura, no en la coladera." What happened to the day when legal immigrants repayed the opportunity to share our great country by doing us the honor of learning our language?



Photobucket


On a brighter note, I could not help noticing that Barney Frank is up for re-election in November. I sure would like to see a conservative fill his seat. Barney might not mind that either. Oops! I'm not sure if I can still say that.

As Loudon Wainwright III said in a song, "We are spinning through space on shaky ground."


McWeijun

0 comments: